Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Morning Linkage



  • In a very sad case a dog was electrocuted walking through Grant Park. The horrible, sad, hilarious twist? The dogs name was Smokey. [ChicagoTribune]

  • We might be getting a new expressway, It would form a ring connecting the Kennedy, Dan Ryan (I thought they were the same road?), and TriState. No snark on this one, I think it sounds like kind of a good idea. Though I do imagine it will be dubbed "the circle of death" after the first big snowstorm pile up. [Chicagoist]

  • Cubs sign Zambrano to a one year, $12.4 million deal. They will still suck. [SunTimes]

  • Carsons closes, Lord & Taylor and Macy's to follow. The good news? A little bird told me that the word on the street is that there might possibly be a Target going in WaterTower. Sounds crazy... Crazy awesome! [CBS]

  • Ciao Chief Illiniwek. Drunken U of I frat boys will have to learn a new dance. [NBC5]

  • The 815 area code nightmare has begun. If you don't hear from your parents and grandparents for awhile, it's because they can't figure out how to dial out. [WREX Rockford]

1 comment:

Stacy said...

#1 - Poor Smokey, but do enlighten me as to HOW this crap can happen. Just imagine if someone had a child touch it. =/

#2 - First Marshall Field's (well not completely - but pretty much) and now Carson's - so very sad. But I do concur re: Target in the WaterTower - now only if i was around to enjoy it...hmm...let's work on that shall we? ; )

#3 - Re: the 815...yea...grams is going to be throwing an absolute fit...and Beth's not going to be far behind. But hey...I see this as a positive...I don't really talk to my family much...this will just solidify it. =P